How to get rid of yellow teeth?
Yellow teeth are nothing but the discoloration of teeth from white to yellow that is usually caused due to aging and other extrinsic and intrinsic factors.
Factors that affect the color of the teeth-
- Food- food with different coloring agents affects the color of tooth. Excessive use of turmeric in cooking food can be one of the reasons of yellow teeth.
- Plaque- the debris of the food eaten remains over a period of time and discolors teeth, if not cleaned properly.
- Calculus- the yellow colored bands of plaque is seen mainly in the posterior teeth where the brush does not reach every knook and corner of the mouth. Calculus is a hard form of plaque accumulation over time. This even enters into the gingiva and thus only professional scaling can remove this.
- Improper brushing- brushing teeth regularly will minimize every dental disease.
- Rinsing of mouth- clean the mouth with plain water or mouth wash after every other meal. This will erode the accumulation of bacteria on teeth.
- Any roughness or mal positioned teeth- improper tooth structure can cause food to stick on the tooth and later cause yellow color.
- Medications- sometimes high dose medicine even bring about discoloration in teeth.
- Dental disorders- disorders like amelogenesis imperfecta and dentinogenesis imperfecta also cause yellow teeth because of the erosion of enamel layer.
- Aging- age also plays a vital role in the change in color of the teeth. With age, the enamel gets removed and the teeth gradually look yellow in color.
Ways to remove yellowness from teeth-
- Brushing and cleaning oral cavity – properly brushing teeth and keeping good oral health can prevent the teeth from getting yellow.
- Scaling and oral prophylaxis – if you have excessive, hard, non removable calculus then, scaling is the right option that will substantially reduce yellowness of teeth.
- Treating dental disorders – treatment for the recovery of enamel or rather placement of crown or veneer should be done in order to have beautiful, white teeth.
- Bleaching – for flawless bright, white teeth, bleaching is the permanent solution to it. So, if you have yellow teeth then visit a dentist and ask for bleaching your teeth.